6.19.2009

Now THERES the man I voted for.

This morning, President Obama signed an executive order extending certain benefits to same-sex partnerships. This is only one small step toward equality, something President Obama did in fact recognize. I have to say, his words were quite moving.

"This is only one step..."
"Repeal the Defense of Marriage Act, I believe its discriminatory, I think it interferes with states rights, and we will work with Congress to OVER TURN it."
"We've got more work to do to ensure the government treats ALL its citizens EQUAL. To fight injustice and intolerance in all its forms, and to bring about that more perfect union."
"I am committed to these efforts, and I pledge to work tirelessly on behalf of these issues in years to come."

MUSIC TO MY EARS.
...watch for yourself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

free website hit counters
Get a free website hit counter here.